This form of the Tillandsia flexuosa is from the southern range of Colombia and is characterized by stiff dark green leaves with dark banding that become more prominent as it matures. It blooms a very tall inflorescence that produces magenta flowers. It was named "flexousa" because its thick leaves can twist or flex. It is considered viviparous, which means it can produce offsets (pups) from its inflorescence.
*A very easy to grow air plant, the flexuosa prefers bright indirect light and watering once a week.
Check out our article Tillandsia Spotlight: Flexuosa Southern Range to learn more about this fascinating air plant species!
- Free, Fast Shipping for All Orders over $75
- Orders under $75 ship for a flat rate of $7.99
- Expedited options available at checkout
- Same day order fulfillment for orders of in stock items made by 3 PM ET
- Most orders arrive 2 to 7 days after you place the order
- We ship around the year, despite your local weather conditions
Notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our air plants are guaranteed against winter shipping conditions. We will replace damaged plants at no cost to you.
Upon receiving your air plants, soak in water for 20 - 30 minutes. Then shake off excess water and dry upside down until completely dry. Water plants once or twice a week with misting between as needed. Never leave air plants sit in water for more than an hour – they will rot!
Air plants require bright, indirect light which can be sunlight or consistent indoor lighting.
Good air circulation is important for your air plants! Do not place your air plants in soil.