Save on quantities of 12 or more with our wholesale option
The Tillandsia melanocrater tricolor is a unique air plant with stiff leaves that grow upward in a vertical shape. Because of its height and unique shape, this plant looks great nestled in a holder or centered in a display amidst other air plants. The melanocrater prefers indirect light and moderate waterings. In its bloom cycle, this striking air plant will blush a reddish-purple color, and will omit a yellow and red bloom tract with purple flowers.
Learn more about species specific care for the melanocrater tricolor in our article Tillandsia Spotlight: Melanocrater Tricolor.
- Free, Fast Shipping for All Orders over $75
- Orders under $75 ship for a flat rate of $7.99
- Expedited options available at checkout
- Same day order fulfillment for orders of in stock items made by 3 PM ET
- Most orders arrive 2 to 7 days after you place the order
- We ship around the year, despite your local weather conditions
Notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our air plants are guaranteed against winter shipping conditions. We will replace damaged plants at no cost to you.
Upon receiving your air plants, soak in water for 20 - 30 minutes. Then shake off excess water and dry upside down until completely dry. Water plants once or twice a week with misting between as needed. Never leave air plants sit in water for more than an hour – they will rot!
Air plants require bright, indirect light which can be sunlight or consistent indoor lighting.
Good air circulation is important for your air plants! Do not place your air plants in soil.