Reminiscent of a sea creature, the sea urchin caput medusae air plant kit combines the aquatic look of the Tillandsia caput medusae with a carefully selected natural sea urchin shell.
This warm and fuzzy looking Tillandsia has bright green coloring with hues of purple throughout the base extending up the leaves. This air plant is a great variety for beginners, as it is fairly hardy and requires minimal maintenance.
**Make sure when watering bulbous plants such as the caput medusae or bulbosa variety to shake out any excess water from amongst the leaves, as any water left in their bulbous bases can cause rot.
Check out our Tillandsia Spotlight: Caput Medusae for in-depth info on this fascinating plant!
- 1 Sea urchin shell (approx. 2.5 inches wide and 1.5 inches tall)
- 1 caput medusae
- Free, Fast Shipping for All Orders over $60
- Orders under $60 ship for a flat rate of $7.99
- Same day order fulfillment for orders of in stock items made by 3 PM ET
- Most orders arrive 2 to 7 days after you place the order
- We ship around the year, despite your local weather conditions
Notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our air plants are guaranteed against winter shipping conditions. We will replace damaged plants at no cost to you.
Upon receiving your air plants, soak in water for 20 - 30 minutes. Then shake off excess water and dry upside down until completely dry. Water plants once or twice a week with misting between as needed. Never leave air plants sit in water for more than an hour – they will rot!
Air plants require bright, indirect light which can be sunlight or consistent indoor lighting.
Good air circulation is important for your air plants! Do not place your air plants in soil.